Thanks for the follow AnneMarie
Shared by “totally unmusical (+ impulsive”) c
“Information and Inspiration Distributer, Incorrigible Encourager and People-builder” *
* not bridges (thank goodness)!
Well my family and friends say I’m “safest” just writing and sharing
enjoy Andrea and Sarah
Best wishes from the First City to see the light
Being at a loss for anything newsworthy today, I flashed back to the news headlines of 1955. See here.
1955 was a very prolific year, news wise. According to The People’s History website, these were some of the top headlines.
- The St. Laurence Seaway opens
- Rosa Parks is arrested for refusing to give up her bus seat for a white passenger
- The first McDonald’s was erected
- TV dinners, featuring fish sticks, went to market
- James Dean killed in auto accident in California
- Coca Cola, previously available in bottles only, was now sold in cans
- The average minimum wage in the USA reached $1.00 per hour
- 7 out of 10 US families owned a car
- USS Nautilus, the first nuclear powered submarine, was launched
- The original Salk polio vaccine was introduced
- The Mickey Mouse Club debuted
- California Disneyland opened
- The Baghdad Pact was formed to unite the Middle East
View original post 204 more words