- Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
- and remember what peace there may be in silence.
- As far as possible without surrender
- be on good terms with all persons.
- Speak your truth quietly and clearly;
- and listen to others,
- even the dull and the ignorant;
- they too have their story.
Avoid loud and aggressive persons,
they are vexations to the spirit.
If you compare yourself with others,
you may become vain and bitter;
for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Keep interested in your own career, however humble;
it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.
Exercise caution in your business affairs;
for the world is full of trickery.
But let this not blind you to what virtue there is;
many persons strive for high ideals;
and everywhere life is full of heroism.
View original post 232 more words
You must be logged in to post a comment.